Big Pharma gives MSM billions in ad revenue
Feb. 16, 2018
It isn’t surprising the mainstream media – and late night entertainers – focus on guns instead of SSRIs linked to mass shootings given that they’re well-funded by drug makers.
Virtually every suspected mass shooter was on psychiatric drugs, yet the mainstream media – which is funded by Big Pharma ad revenue – conveniently buries this fact.
That’s likely because Big Pharma spent nearly $6 billion on TV, magazine and digital advertisements in 2016 alone, a healthy sum ad-dependent news outlets cannot ignore.
In fact, the media is so dependent on this ad revenue that some outlets have even launched “health content businesses” to attract consumers targeted by Big Pharma.
“It doesn’t surprise me that media companies are getting into pharma advertising, given the total value at stake in pharma sales,” said Brian Fox, a consultant with McKinsey & Company.
This would explain the mainstream media’s indifference when it comes to investigating the link between serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and mass shootings.
As Infowars reported, suspected Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz may have been autistic and taking medication for emotional issues, yet only Infowars, World Net Daily and a handful of others are shining a light on the SSRI epidemic.
“As information about the perpetrator emerges, a relative confides to a newspaper that the ‘troubled youth’ who committed the mass murder was on psychiatric medications – you know, those powerful, little understood, mind-altering drugs with fearsome side effects including ‘suicidal ideation’ and even ‘homicidal ideation,’” wrote WND’s David Kupelian.
There are hundreds of cases of violence committed by persons taking psychiatric drugs, as documented by sites such as SSRIStories.org, in addition to the suspected mass shooters who were on SSRIs:
- Alleged Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock was on anti-depressants,
- Charleston shooter Dylann Roof was reportedly taking a drug that has been linked with sudden outbursts of violence,
- Ft. Hood gunman Ivan Lopez was taking psychiatric medication before he “snapped,” as Infowars confirmed in a press conference,
- Washington Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis “had been treated…. by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems,” according to USA Today, which didn’t bother to mention the VA normally “treats” mental issues with SSRIs,
- And other mass shooters on SSRIs include Columbine killer Eric Harris and ‘Batman’ shooter James Holmes.
“SSRIs, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, are the pharmaceutical companies latest cash cows,” wrote Dr. Moira Dolan. “Their use has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.”
“Nicknamed ‘Chemical Babysitters’ and designated anti-depressants, they are causing dozens of murders, thousands of psychoses and are altering the minds of millions of users.”